Sunday 18 December 2011

The Finished Shop

The Finished Shop

After three weeks of creating 25 new pieces of works, experimenting with new techniques of printing, packaging and advertising, we had created all the products needed for 'Spectrum'. On the 8th of December we opened the Shop to the public. Below are images of the completed shop;





We had a wide variety of art and craft products for sale, including; Original paintings, Etchings, Jewelery, Handmade Bears, T-Shirts, and Bags.


Total Profit of my Items

Total-£62

Total Profit of Spectrum

Total - £554.80

After three days of selling our items, our total takings were £554.80. I sold £62 worth of products. Below is my price listing, with a list of all the items for sale along with sold items; (Line through text)


Conclusion

After undertaking the task of designing and creating a shop within three weeks, and then opening it to the public for a three day period. I feel I have learnt a variety of key skills. Most of which, come from working as a team, I feel the project has opened up a spectrum of ideas, about the ways to work as a group, the task as helped all team members utilise team building skills, for the benefit of all concerned.

I have also learnt new methods of Printing. Using the process of photo-etchings, as a method of printing my drawings, has helped me to learn new ways of experimenting, taking one concept, and creating a multitude of methods stemming from that idea e.g. by changing the Colour, Technique, Size.

I learnt useful ways of packaging my work, thinking about the idea of selling to the cosier and creating work for a target market. I discovered how the effect of pricing can change the way your products sell. For example its best to  have a spectrum of prices, from low costs prints, to middle range Etching's, to high end prices for original art works, this wider choice of prices then allows  customers to have more choice over how much they pay.

Finally I learnt ways of advertising, e.g. contacting necessary journalists, along with creating and distributing necessary leaflet's, posters etc.

I have thureghly enjoyed the experience, and would defiantly like to continue 'Specturm' in the future. Working as collaboration with other Artists, in order for us to exhibit our work, and sell to the general public.

No comments:

Post a Comment